Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Immortal Embrace, by: Charlotte Blackwell


Sophia, the vampire girl, and her family, all vampires, relocated to a small town to live among humans. Sophia and her siblings started going to school and on her first day, she bumped into the hottest guy named Nathanial; who has never shown interest in girls before because he just focus on his studies and football. She doesn't understand why she is drawn to him, other than him smelling so delicious to her.


I gave it 3 stars, and here is why.

I have mixed feelings about this book. From the beginning, I was like wait a minute haven’t I read this before? It felt too Twilight-ish, meets Charmed and Vampire Diaries. It was all 3 combined into one book. You have…

Vampires: They don’t sparkle. They wear "a piece of jewelry” that has been blessed by a witch so they can walk in daylight, eat regular food and bring up their temperature.

Nathanial falls head over heels for Sophia instantly, and feels that they are meant to be forever. Sophia and her family have powers. They can read minds, heal, see the future, and ect.

Witches: Two of the most powerful witches that inherit their powers from all their ancestors before them, they even have their own “Book of Shadows”. (Hmm now where have I seen that? Oh yea The Charmed Ones)

…and before I forget somewhere in the middle she throws in some werewolves.

What I like about this book was that when I read the summary I read that it had Vampires and Witches, immediately that caught my attention.

I liked how it opens up and introduce each character, how the Vampires are a close family with good values and looked out not only for themselves but for the whole town they live in. There was no foul language and I did like the romance between Sophia and Nathanial. I liked that their older brother Caspian, while being on his own and lost for killing the love of his life still kept looking out for his family.

In the end, it didn't take me anywhere that I have not been to before. Every page I turned, every line or paragraph I read, I found myself getting upset. I couldn't find a connection with the story or the characters.

To summarize my review, it seemed a bit redundant, predictable at times, and came off unoriginal to me; however I am going to give the series the benefit of a doubt and continue to read the series. 
I want to see how the characters grow, what happens to Nathaniel and Sophia, and how the story ends.

I don’t like to give bad reviews, seeing as how hard it is to write a book, but I do have to give my honest opinion.

1 comment:

  1. I have also read this book and totally loved it because it combined several aspects into one. To me it was exciting and left awaiting the next book. Although it was familiar due to all of the other vampire, witch, warewolf, etc that is already out there. This one to me had a closeness and still a storyline that hadn't been revealed in any of the others as of yet. I enjoyed it thoroughly and would definitely read it again.

    ReplyDelete